Victoria Park is located in the west end of St. John's. The park occupies the same 6.5 acres of land now as it did when it opened in 1890. The Park is bounded by Water Street on the south, Sudbury Street to the west, Hamilton Avenue to the north, and Alexander Street to the East. Bennett's Creek, covered over in two stages during the 1940s and 1960s, runs through the centre of the steeply sloping upper half of the Park and down the southwest side. The flatter lower side of the Park has formally laid out paths and plantings, as well as recreational infrastructure installed in later years.
The Park itself is surrounded by a mix of residential, commercial, industrial and institutional uses, characteristic of this older neighbourhood.