Bowring Park

Bowring Park

In 1911, Bowring Brothers, a successful trade and shipping firm, commemorated their 100 business anniversary in Newfoundland by giving the City of St. John's a 20 hectare (50 acres) recreational park as a token of their appreciation to the local community. The park was officially opened on July 15, 1914.

Today, Bowring Park is over 81 hectares (200 acres). Some of the park's amenities include: a fully accessible playground and splash pad; outdoor swimmimg pool and tennis courts; soccer pitch; skate park; man-made duck pond which is home to swans and ducks; conservatory; and walking trails along the waterford and South Brook Rivers that are part of the Grand Concourse, an award-winning integrated walking network.