This content was originally posted on March 19, 2020
We understand and very much appreciate the growing concern surrounding coronavirus (COVID-19) and the questions and decisions that may be arising concerning your current, or upcoming travel plans.
Please find below the current measures and securities Premiere Suites is taking, while also noting that we at Premiere Suites are cognizant that the situation continues to evolve at a rapid pace, and we continue to actively monitor daily updates, and evolve our policies as is necessary to best honour the health and safety of our guests, team members and building communities.
PUBLIC HEALTH RISK ASSOCIATED WITH COVID-19 CONTINUES TO BE RULED LOW FOR CANADIANS
At Premiere Suites we are actively monitoring the daily updates from the PHAC (Public Health Agency of Canada), as well as the agency’s recommendation NOT to limit travel and trade to Canada based on the declaration.
At this time, PHAC has assessed the public health risk associated with COVID-19 as LOW for the general population in Canada.
We continue to actively monitor daily updates from PHAC, as well as those from other countries.
UPDATED OPERATING POLICY
At Premiere Suites, the health and safety of our guests and team members continues to be our top priority, and we remain vigilant in light of the ongoing situation.
At Premiere Suites:
- We have instituted a strict work from home policy for all non-essential workers
- We continue to provide up-to-date, and accurate information to our team members regarding COVID-19
- We have identified all employees who have recently traveled, and whom are slated to return on or post March 12, 2020 and have issued personalized reminders of the 14-day quarantine period advised by the PHAC.
- We continue to actively encourage any sick essential employees to remain at home, and NOT report to work.
- We remain alert to the virus and will separate potentially ailing employees from other employees - sending them home or to a doctor.
- Should the need arise, inform all employees and guests immediately of any potentially ailing team member.
- We continue to further educate and encourage respiratory etiquette.
- We continue to further educate and encourage hourly hand hygiene and provide effective hand-sanitization products to our team members.
- Perform enhanced environmental cleaning.
BOOK & STAY WITH CONFIDENCE
Updated Cancellation Policy
To better support your ability to book and stay with confidence, we are temporarily suspending our existing cancellation policy in order to provide peace-of-mind should your travel arrangements evolve.
If you have any questions regarding an existing or upcoming reservation, please contact your dedicated Premiere Suites representative, or call us at 1-877-246-4331.
HONOURING THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR VALUED GUESTS AND TEAM MEMBERS
As a means of honoring the recommended practice of social distancing throughout your stay; we have temporarily suspended our in-stay, bi-weekly housekeeping services.
Please note that the entirety of your suite and its contents has been professionally cleaned and sanitized, prior to your arrival.
Our team of professional cleaners already disinfects and sanitizes our suites using industry-approved products and have introduced additional disinfectants to our cleaning processes.
These upgraded products are used to clean all high-touch surfaces, including but not limited to; the floors, washrooms, kitchens, appliances, remote controls, telephones, furnishings, door handles, and all counter tops
We do apologize for any inconvenience these temporary measures may impose and thank you sincerely for your support of the health of our guests, and team members throughout this uncertain time.
REDUCED ACCESS TO BUILDING AMENITIES
As our building communities look to honour the health and safety or their residents, you may find limited access or a temporary cessation of access to common building areas such as; gyms, pools, saunas, games rooms, shared workspaces, party rooms, etc. These decisions are being made by the respective building management teams and condo boards.
RESPONSIBLE USE OF SHARED BUILDING SPACES & AMENITIES
As a responsible member of your building community, we ask that our guests be ever diligent when in contact with shared touch points such as: elevators, garbage disposals, mail rooms, etc. Some communities have suggested you wear disposable gloves, or use a paper towel or sanitized wipe when touching buttons, railings, door knobs and handles. And as always, sneeze or cough into your elbow.
HAVE YOU RECENTLY TRAVELED TO OR FROM ANY LOCATION OUTSIDE OF CANADA?
You could have come into contact with COVID-19 while abroad or while in transit.
Upon return or arrival to Canada:
- Self-Isolate for 14 days after your return from travel outside of Canada.
- Self-Isolation means to stay at home and monitor yourself for symptoms, even if mild, for 14 days.
- Avoid contact with other people to help prevent the spread of disease in your home and in your community in the event you become symptomatic. Be mindful of using enclosed spaces such as elevators and avoid touching any communal surfaces or handrails wherever possible..
24/7 PROFESSIONAL GUEST SUPPORT
Stay with confidence, knowing that Premiere Suites continues to provide attentive and informed, 24/7 local guest support, attending to the direct and evolving needs, concerns, and questions of each our guests throughout their stay.
Public Health Agency Canada
- For complete and updated information regarding COVID-19, click here
- For helpful and informed advice regarding preventive measures click here
- For complete details regarding Canada Public Health’s most recent Travel Advice, click here
- For helpful and informed advice regarding preparedness click here
CONTINUED DUTIFUL ACTION
Premiere Suites will actively await, and dutifully act upon any additional notice on this evolving situation, and update our policies and actions, in line with official guidance.
For the most recent updates to the PHAC guidelines and recommendations, kindly visit Canada Public Health.
AN HONOUR AND A PRIVILEGE
It is our honour and privilege to serve you, and particularly during challenging times, and we thank you for being at the heart of what we do.
As always, we wish you and your families spectacular health and happiness, and very much look forward to supporting you throughout your stay.
March 19, 2020