Mississauga Celebration Square is located in the heart of downtown Mississauga. This award-winning public square is one of the most unique in the GTA. It features an outdoor skate rink that is opened to the public beginning late November until the end of March break.
The Celebration Square ice rink opens on Saturday, November 19.
Public Skate Hours: 10 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Please note the rink is patrolled weekdays from 4:30 p.m. – 10:30 p.m., weekends from 10 a.m. – 10:30 p.m., and holidays. Only approved skating aids may be allowed on the ice. Use of the ice during non-patrolled hours is at your own risk; skaters are advised to use caution. Use of the ice outside of operating hours is not permitted.
Christmas Eve (December 24, 2016): 10 a.m. – 9 p.m.
Christmas Day (December 25, 2016): 10 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
New Year’s Eve (December 31, 2016): 10 a.m. – 11:30 p.m.
Family Day (February 20, 2017): 10 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Spring Break (March 13 to March 17, 2017): 10 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Skate schedule is subject to change.
###City Skate - Skate Rental and Sharpening Services
Skate Rental Hours
Weekdays: 4 p.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Weekends: 10 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Skate Rental - Children (12 and under): $5.00
Skate Rental - Adults: $10.00
Helmet Rental (free for children 7 and under): $5.00
Skate Sharpening: $8.00
*pricing is based on 2 hour rentals For more information, please visit the City Skate website:
Please note: Indoor change facilities/lockers are not available.
We want everyone to enjoy themselves in a safe and positive environment. Please respect this facility, other skaters and the Skater’s Code of Conduct.
Skaters Code of Conduct:
- Please listen to and obey skate patrollers at all times
- Please do not bring food or drink on the ice surface
- Skate in the approved direction only. Do not skate backwards
- All participants must be in full control and be able to avoid contact with other skaters – No horseplay/games
- Please do not skate excessively fast or erratically
- No hockey equipment or other toys/equipment are permitted on the ice surface
- Only approved skate aid devices will be permitted
- Please do not stand/rest on the ice surface
- Please do not carry children while skating
- Please leave the ice surface immediately when asked to do so by the skate patrollers
- The use of CSA approved hockey helmets by all participants is strongly recommended
- All participants must wear ice skates (excluding those in wheelchairs/sledges)
- Approved Skating Aids permitted during public skate times:
- Wheelchairs (persons accompanying a participant in a wheelchair must wear ice skates)
- “E-Z Gliders
- Other equipment not specifically designed as a skating aid
Monday, November 21, 2016 - 10:00am
Monday, March 20, 2017 - 10:00am
###About the Square Rules & Regulations
When visiting the Square, we encourage you to:
- enjoy the Square, including playing in the fountain and skating on the rink
- play on the lawn, keeping in mind the safety of those around you
- keep it green: clean up after yourself and don’t forget to recycle
- walk your dog on a leash, and clean up after it
Square guidelines prohibit:
- commercial activity, except by permit
- distribution of food/beverages, except by permit
- amplified sound
The City of Mississauga does not issue permits for demonstrations, rallies and vigils. If you are planning a demonstration, rally or vigil, please contact the Security Services Operations Centre at 905-896-5040 or firstname.lastname@example.org.